Wednesday, April 4, 2007

its the eye of the tiger its the thrill...........

And now lets introduce our musical group for the evening their four good-looking young lads………
Time to pick a fight!
I was recently made aware of a book being carried in some Christian bookshop titled “can we rock the gospel” ( did a search on the old interweb to find the title).
I can’t remember who told me about it but they said they had a quick scan and surprise surprise these guys are on that old bandwagon again. These smart persons have this to say in their promo.

“Does God endorse music of every kind, regardless of its structure or features? Put another way, is there any music which does not get his seal of approval? Tightening this even further, are there musical forms or ways of using music that violate biblical principles and which Christians should therefore reject? The authors of this book, John Blanchard and Dan Lucarini sincerely believe that there are, and that the question takes on an even greater urgency as many influential church leaders and popular Christian musicians have recently claimed that God endorses all kinds of music without distinction. This book is an expression of their convictions and concerns. In writing this new book the authors have drawn heavily on the research of Pop goes the Gospel, first published in 1983 and Why I left the Contemporary Christian Music Movement, first published in 2002, and on the experience in handling the vast amount of feedback that both titles generated.”

Im going to try and steal a copy from the bookshop cause there is no way im paying for one. Maybe I could go in there with my old leather jacket and tight black jeans with a flying v guitar slung over my shoulder and tell the sales person that I have a "problem" with rock and roll. Maybe they will give me a copy.
Anyway I want to have a look at it and give them the benefit of the doubt but I know what im going to find.
First, have they ever heard any hip-hop? Don’t they know that just like when the first loonies were writing their original stupid freaking books on this subject that I was force fed in school that hip hop has a repetitive beat also and they swear and dance ..and drink too. Get with the times bros. And what about trance music! Oooh or death metal or hippy tulle oil music like Ben Harper. I think ill send these two dudes an email volunteering my services in like a school of rock style education in the relevance of rock in today’s culture.
I'm sick of people professing to know what “the biblical principals” of everything are. Its like when someone tells you to trust them, do you! Theres a million books in those shops all contradicting one another.
I think im going to bring out a rock opera that preaches the biblical principals of forcing your pointless trash opinions down vulnerable new Christian’s throats and parading them as the principals of God and making them pay for it. Or maybe ill call it (imagine this sung with the melody from bohemian rhapsody) …

If you don’t buy my book,
You’re going strait to hell.
Galeleo galeleo.

Friken idiots! Stryper preached me the gospel!

Corock

Ps: notice how they use a small h for the word "his" referring to God ooooh. Maybe were of the hook! Their talking about some other god ......small g. Im shaking my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I think im going to bring out a rock opera that preaches the biblical principals of forcing your pointless trash opinions down vulnerable new Christian’s throats and parading them as the principals of God and making them pay for it."

i will pay money to see that.
in fact i will see ANY christian rock opera you ever produce corey!

i'll borrow your copy of the book when you're done.