Tuesday, April 3, 2007

the reaction

I talked at a few people today about stuff related to the previous post and IV decided that I want to be clearer about some of this stuff.
First thing I was thinking about was to expand the whole, if we really realized how GREAT God is, then how would we respond. One friend said that he thought it probably wouldn’t be with shouts and laughing and cheering but more like shock or like the feeling of being overwhelmed. I think I agree, when I think of God and His great attributes I feel small, I feel put in my place. I also feel amazed but it’s in a quiet kind of way. But as I’m writing, there is a desire in my heart to scream and expel mass amounts of energy in praise of His greatness.
How do I get a more in my face, true, big realization of God? Because it seems that if I really knew the truth about God and His greatness I wouldn’t care about the style of music or the crap P.A or my fears I would just break loose and worship.
Or maybe I need nothing to coax me to open up. Ok I mightn’t but what about the corporate setting how do we worship together? I still think it’s got to do with us seeking out the Greatness of our awesome God. Chasing Him down or looking for Him.
The truth is that honor and praise is what He wants, (kind of funny that that’s the same things I want also) but I want to give God praise like He never asked it from me! And I want my life to scream it. I'm afraid though, that my wants are far from my present reality.

corey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brother, i love this stream of thinking.
so glad you are writing it down. capturing it all.

as far as the concept of "corporate worship" man.... i dunno. i am the worst when it comes to "letting go"... i am too much of a control freak.